Sunday, September 16, 2012

Diet (such a dirty word)

Let me start this blog post out with a asterisk.  Included in this will be some of the foods I have eaten that have gotten me to this point (210 pounds currently).  Some people have told me that I should not tell people who are serious about losing weight to eat these foods.  Well, I work off of results.  These foods have worked wonders for me.  Those who disagree need only to take a look at my journey.  I can not guarantee that any of you will lose a great deal of weight by eating these foods, but I can tell you that I have.

In order to make this simple, I will do a breakfast, second meal, lunch, fourth meal, and dinner section(s).

Breakfast

Any of these items will do.  The key is to get enough into your body to get you to your second meal.

Banana - Low Fat Yogurt - Egg Whites - Oatmeal - Wheat toast - Coffee (Black preferably)

You can easily mix oatmeal with a banana.  Yogurt with a banana.  I find that a piece of wheat toast and egg whites is an awesome meal in the morning.

Second Meal

The key to my weight loss is small meals.  Five meals a day to be exact.

Banana - Apple - Wheat Bread - Grapefruit - Protein Shake - Any fruit, really

You have probably noticed a pattern, bananas.  I love the things.  People have said to steer very clear of them.  However, I have had great success with them.  They even eliminated my workout cramps.

Lunch

Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich - Turkey and Mustard Sandwich - Apple - Carrots - Broccoli - Baked Potato Chips (Serving size) - Celery with Peanut Butter

I have eaten so many peanut butter and banana sandwiches.  I absolutely love them.  Some people say they are awful for you.  Well, they are much better than a Big Mac and I have been successful using it as a staple of my diet.

Fourth Meal


Your fourth meal is much like your second.  As a matter of fact, it is the exact same.  It is also used for the same reason.  To keep your metabolism working and to make sure that you are not starving your body.  If you starve your body, it will go into what I call "fat store" mode.  You will stop burning and eliminating fat and your body will hold onto it.  This is obviously bad.

Banana - Apple - Wheat Bread - Grapefruit - Protein Shake - Any fruit, really

Dinner

Chicken (get friendly with it) - Sweet Potatoes - Brown Rice - Wheat pasta (I have eliminated Pasta almost completely.  Try replacing it with eggplant and spaghetti squash) - Veggies (lots and lots of them) - Steak (In moderation) - Ground Turkey (Replace your beef with either low fat beef or ground turkey) - Turkey Sausage (In moderation) - Salad (Spinach Leaves)

Try some recipes.  Take ground turkey and low fat mozzarella, combine with marinara sauce and eggplant (Cut the eggplant thinly and use paper towels to remove excess water).  Layer it just like a lasagna.  It is amazing.  You could also try replacing potatoes with cauliflower.  Boil it and mash it just like potatoes.  Completely remove things like white potatoes, white rice, and white pastas.  I know, I know...those are the good things.  I miss them too.

Feel free to ask any questions.  I will do my best to answer them.

I am by no means an expert.  I am just filling in the information on what has worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment